What are Requirements for a Patent Application in Vietnam?
- A Power of Attorney from the applicant (required at the time of filing);
- A copy of the specification including description, claims, drawings and abstract in English for us to translate them into Vietnamese (required at the time of filing).
- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant(s) and inventor(s);
- Country, application number, filing date of the prior application(s) if claiming priority under the Paris Convention.
- For all applications including applications for utility solution, patent, trademark and industrial design, the Applicant just needs to fill in and sign the Power of Attorney form. The IP Vietnam does not require notarization nor legalization.
- The IP Vietnam does allow late submission of Power of Attorney with surcharge, but can not be later than 1 month from the filing date.