What are Requirements for Registering an Industrial Design in Vietnam?
- A Power of Attorney from the applicant (required at the time of filing);
- 5 sets of photos/drawings of the design including front, top, bottom, left, right, back and perspective views (required at filing). They must be in the same scale and must not be smaller than 90mm x 120 mm and not larger than 210 mm x 297 mm. Please note that if the design is a part of a complete product, perspective photos/drawings of the product showing this part are required.
In the case where the design is of a high level of difficulty, a cross-sectional drawing(s) in necessary places may be required.
If registering a design for a product that has a lid or is foldable (for example: refrigerator, wardrobe or suitcase), drawings or photos of it in the opening state are required.
- Description of the design which should show its main characteristics (required at the time of filing).
- Full name, address and nationality of the applicant and creator(s);
- Filing date, application number and country of the prior application if claiming Paris Convention priority.
- For all applications including applications for utility solution, patent, trademark and industrial design, the Applicant just needs to fill in and sign the Power of Attorney form. The IP Vietnam does not require notarization nor legalization.
- The IP Vietnam does allow late submission of Power of Attorney with surcharge, but can not be later than 1 month from the filing date.